According to DRUM Magazine, Uzalo's Kay Sibiya has gone against his own words as he realized that he could be burning bridges.

Yesterday, the publication reported that Kay who plays the role of Ayanda Mdletshe on SABC1 hit telenovela, Uzalo exclusively revealed to them that he was "underpaid yet over-worked" and that was the reason as to why he called it quits with the soapie.
The publication further reported that he said he’s currently shooting a new Mzansi Magic soapie.

However, in an interview with TishaLive today, Kay denied this stating that he worked as hard as any other actor on the show and did not hold any grudges with the show's producers about his work hours or pay.
"There is no bad blood or beef between me and the show's producers. I keep in contact with them and recently attended a funeral for one of my Uzalo colleagues. So, we have a good relationship," Kay said.


He further added that he's not leaving the soapie but rather taking a break for a short-while.

"I'm not leaving the show, the issue is a logistical one. I've decided to move to Johannesburg to further my personal interests but the show requires that its cast film in KwaZulu-Natal. That means that my character will be off-screen for a short time while we discuss whether I can film in Johannesburg," Kay said.
He said that he was looking forward to taking on fresh challenges in Johannesburg and has scouted out several opportunities, but had not yet committed to any new projects.

When asked by DRUM Magazine the reason as to why he was denying prior reports, Kay said,


“Yes, I’m leaving the show, but I’m not leaving with bad blood, I’m leaving in good spirits, as I can’t afford to ruin relationships with the people, who launched my career”.
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

1 comments: