Considering that Nathi has one of the highest number of nominations for the Metro FM Awards, the musician honestly feels that he did see that his music would garner him so much success.
His second album,Buyelaekhaya has not only given him five Metro FM Award nominations but also went platinum last year and continues to sell well.
Speaking to Metro FM’s 1st Avenue, Nathi told the team that whilst in the process of producing the album he was specific on how he wanted Buyelaekhaya to sound like and knew he could achieve this by also allowing God to take control of his vision.
“When I did this album I just told myself that whatever happens I’m going to leave it all up to God. I also really wanted to create this album in my own specific way, I did not want other people to tell me how they thought the album should sound like.
So yes, I knew this album would bring me great success but there are certain things that hindered my success but I didn’t allow them to completely stop me from moving forward. “
Nathi will be performing at the Durban Jazz Festivals alongside the likes of Don Laka, Simphiwe Dana and Ringo Madlingozi. He mentioned that performing alongside such names has shown him that he definitely has grown not only as a person but also as a musician.
“I won’t lie, I didn’t think things would turn out this way, but when they did and I see myself alongside such musicians, it shows that I’ve really grown with my craft. These are the people I look up to so I see myself quite big.” He said.
 Nathi was also asked if he was feeling the pressure of creating his next album and it seems like he is not fazed by it.
“I’ll first say that when someone says something, you take what you think is beneficial to you and leave the rest because I’ve come to understand that when you’re successful not everyone will be happy for you. So no I'm not pressurised ”
Although he did not mention if he was working on his next album, we're sure the project will be a great success.
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: