Jazz legend Hugh Masekela has asked for privacy as he continues his fight against prostate cancer, with which he was first diagnosed in 2008
Bra Hugh released a statement on Friday evening announcing that all his professional commitments for the near future had been cancelled.

He said that he needed time and space so that “I may rest and heal”.

The legendary musician first underwent treatment for prostate cancer in 2008 when doctors discovered a “small speck” on his bladder.

Bra Hugh said the treatment seemed successful until doctors found out it spread in March last year
“In April 2017‚ while in Morocco‚ I fell and sprained my shoulder. I began to feel an imbalance when I was walking and my left eye was troubling me. Another tumour was discovered and subsequently‚ in September 2017‚ I had emergency treatment‚ and the tumour was neutralised‚” he said.

Bra Hugh said the overwhelming support from people around him gave him the inspiration to fight this battle.

“It is a tough battle but I am greatly encouraged by the good wishes of family‚ friends and everyone who has supported my musical journey‚ which remains the greatest source of my inspiration,” he added.

Bra Hugh said he was in a good space despite the battle he faces, and encouraged all men to get tested.
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: