Is’thunzi actress, Thuso Mbedu has done the country proud by scooping an International Emmy  nomination for her role on the drama series
The exciting news was revealed through a press statement and went viral minutes after it emerged. Thuso plays the character of young Winnie on the Mzansi Magic show.

The 26-year-old actress will be competing against Brazillian actress Adriana Esteves, English star Anna Friel, and German actress Sonja Gerhardt to bring the award back home.

“It’s still surreal. I think it keeps processing as the day goes by. I have moments where I cry, just thanking God. I have moments where I remember everything I had to go through to get to where I am,” Thuso told SowetanLIVE.

Thuso said she was given the role on Is’thunzi after six months of being without work.

“Isithunzi was a project that I got after not working for six months. So I remember going into that audition and saying I’m going to audition like it’s my last audition ever. I’m seeing God’s work right now,” she added.

Thuso revealed that she found out about the wonderful news on Twitter, when veteran actress Thembi Mtshali-Jones congratulated her
Taking to Instagram, Thuso said when she heard the news she was overwhelmed with emotion.

“I don’t know how to put this into words. I’ve screamed, I’ve danced and jumped, I’ve prayed (and my vocabulary wouldn’t rise to the occasion) and I’ve cried. I am so humbled”.

Thuso thanked her family, her manager and the production for being her support structure.

There are 44 nominees across 11 categories and 18 countries that have been nominated for the International Emmy Awards. Winners will be announced at a swanky ceremony in New York on November 20.
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: