If you have a social media account, you will probably have seen the name “Babes Wodumo” popping up on your timeline at some point. The dancer and house vocalist has definitely enjoyed a breakthrough year after her smash hit, “Wololo” took over the country earlier in 2016. Since then, her status has elevated and she’s become a cult figure on social media as well as on the airwaves.The Gqom star is currently signed to Mampintsha’s record label, West Ink, which is a subsidiary of DJ Tira’s Afrotainment label and the two artists are largely credited as having “discovered” her. However, recent reports have suggested that somebody else gave Babes an opportunity even before Afrotainment came into the picture.KZN based, Nana Zondi recently spoke to an unnamed magazine and revealed that she was the one who first discovered Babes. Nana said:“Point of correction: Babes Wodumo was discovered by me. Yes, me, in 2013, when I selected her to be in the Hawaii music video where she formed a friendship with Afro. I’m not an agent, I’m Nana Zondi! Ngiyabonga.”Although Nana was keen to point out that she doesn’t take full responsibility for Babes’ success, she played a key role in putting the dancer on. Tira denied any knowledge of Ms Zondi’s involvement in Babes’ career.Zondi added:“Tira likes taking credit for things he didn’t do. All I want to say is I discovered Babes Wodumo in 2013 after I made a call for public auditions, looking for dancers for a music video. Anyone in the know knows I chose Babes, together with 10 other dancers from this public audition and I used to get her gigs in Durban.They need to get this right: I’m so happy for her and about what’s happening with her career and I even sent her an SMS. My advice is they need to also train her voice so she doesn’t rely on her body and dance moves to get ahead”
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: