The Daily Show host has been awarded with the 2017 Nielsen Booksellers’ Choice Award for his bestselling book, Born a Crime.

According to Books Live, the award is given to “a local author for a South African published book that booksellers most enjoyed selling or that sold so well that it made a difference to the bottom line of booksellers across the country”.

Trevor not only gets a fancy title, but R20,000 cash.

Born A Crime was not only a hit in SA, but around the world
The book made it on the New York Bestseller list when it was released in November.

High-profile figures like Bill Gates and actor Tyler Perry have praised the offering.

Trevor accepted the award in a special video message.

“I honestly never dreamed that I would ever have the honour of receiving a Nielsen book award. I have to thank all of the South African booksellers who voted for this book as their favourite book of the year… most importantly thank you to the readers, every single person who read the book. I appreciate you. It’s not just my story, it is a story that we share in South Africa, and it means a lot to me that South Africans enjoyed it,” he said.

Trevor also thanked his English teacher
“One person I need to thank is my English teacher… who always forced to me to write those essays when I didn’t want to, and always made me use my words, express myself in different ways, and think of the stories that I wanted to tell.”

Born a Crime has won several other local and international awards, including two NAACP Image Awards in the Literary Work category for ‘Debut Author’ and ‘Outstanding Literary Work Biography/Autobiography’.
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: