Television and radio personality Bujy Bikwa who was reported to have fought and stabbed his neighbor during a fight spoke to DRUM earlier today to share his version of what happened on the night.

The incident happened this past Friday night in Orange Farm in the South of Johannesburg and Bujy says it all started with a quarrel between his brother and his neighbor.

“My brother was chilling at one of the hangout spots near the house when our neighbor and him got into a verbal altercation. At that time I was in the car with my friends and we were getting ready to go out, so I basically didn’t know that the two were having any issues,” Bujy says.

According to Bujy the two families haven’t gotten along for the longest time and at some point before his late mother had actually pressed charges against the man for failing to pay for the stand they bought from his mother. Bujy’s mom had also pressed charges of disturbance since the family apparently always makes noise.

“Before I went out, I got out of the car to see my brother and while I was there that is when we saw that guy and his brother coming to us with a baseball bat and a knife. When they got to us they started attacking us and that’s how the fight started. My brother and I had no weapons, they brought the weapons and me fighting was to defend myself and my brother. I did not stab anyone,” Bujy explained.

The fight got so hectic that the neighbor’s wife came out and was also involved in the fight. “She came and hit me with a pan and things just got messy,” Bujy added.

Bujy says he wants to set the record straight about the reports that the fight was over this woman’s husband; “I have no romantic relationship with that man and we were not fighting for him. Our families have had a long standing fued and we haven’t spoken to each other in a long time even though we are neighbors. So the reports that I want or wanted that man are not true.”

Bujy admits that he and his brother spent sometime in a cell that night, but so did the family they fought with.

“After the fight subsided, my brother and I went to the police station to lay charges, while we were doing that that family also came to lay charges. That’s when we were both put in cells, but we got an advocate and we left, but they didn’t,”Bujy explains.

Bujy says that he never intended for the fight to happen but he would not sit down and not protect his brother and himself.

“I would never start a fight on a Friday night. Why would I do that? I love going out, especially Fridays so there is no way  I would start a fight for the sake of it. It’s not who I am,” he adds.
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: