In 2012 media personality Khanyi Mbau played the role of late legendary songbird Lebo Mathosa in the state production Lebo Mathosa tribute musical. Her portrayal of the late singer was met with mixed reviews and recently Khanyi opened up to talk-show host Pearl Modiade on her show Zaziwa about playing the role.

“The role came at a time in my life where I was confused, I didn’t know whether I was coming or going, I had been through such a dark period in finding myself that when this came along it was like, I was given a chance to come out of my grave and claim back my life,” Khanyi says.

Khanyi explains that at that time her confidence was below zero. “When Ubab Sello approached me he said, ‘I think you can play this because you know her pain’”.

“I love Lebo and playing her was amazing. I would do this over and over again,” Khanyi added.

Source: Zaziwa
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: