In December last year‚ Lerato Mvelase was welcomed back from a three-month long initiation‚ as she marked her graduation as a fully-fledged traditional practitioner.

And now six months down the line‚ the actress has opened up about her experience with heeding an ancestral calling to become a traditional healer.

Speaking on SAfm’s AM Live‚ Lerato explained that the calling started when she was about 6 years old.

“I would always hear drums in my head. My mom would find me doing a trance on the yard at home‚” she said‚ adding that she would also often pick up on future events‚ unknowingly‚ in her dreams — such as “a neighbour passing away.”

“As a child‚ you don’t know what all of that means‚’’ she further claimed.

Speaking of the challenges she has went through‚ Lerato pointed out that most people think that ‘you’re crazy and that you’re an attention-seeker’ when going through ‘’ubizo’’ [the calling].

“It’s the people who are spiritually intact with themselves that need to understand you as a human being‚” she said.

Lerato has two children with fellow actor Siyabonga Radebe before going their separate ways in 2014.

During the interview‚ she also revealed that she has a “indlozi lendonda” [a male-dominating ancestor]‚ which is why she would often struggle with keeping a relationship.

“I know I’m a nice person‚ but for some weird reason‚ I struggle to stay in a relationship. Which is something I never understood until I accepted my calling.”

Source: Sowetan
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: