But actors Atandwa Kani and Fikile Mthwalo could not let anything stand in the way of their happiness, not even Mthwalo's studying toward a Masters degree in acting in New York.
"If you love someone or something, you will do whatever it takes to make it work. And yes, it is hard... the hardest thing I've ever done. But he's worth it," said Fikile.

"I've never done long distance, so in that regard, I'm inexperienced to give advice. But if I were to say something, it would be that communication is key, in whatever way, shape of form."
When asked, Kani said: "It's work, I won't lie. But it's work we gladly do. I have found love, loyalty, commitment and trust for the first time ever. I'd be damned if I let this blessing go.
"She has holiday breaks, in which she comes back home. I find times to go over and see her. I love my wife."
The pair tied the knot in an intimate ceremony last year.
"We are officially married. It was beautiful, so special, so meaningful," said Kani.
"I cried as I looked into the eyes of my soulmate, my wife, my best friend, my best decision."
With fame comes criticism, especially when thinking of Kani's previous relationship to TV presenter Thembisa Mdoda. It ended on a very sour note last year.
But the couple remain unfazed by Kani's past. They refuse to entertain it and insist they are happier than ever.
"We're at a happy place," Kani said. "Nothing beautiful is without its obstacles. My only worry - in love and work - is how to constantly make it better.
"Fikile inspires me to work harder, love better, pray more and trust again. I love her for that."
Theirs is a love story that started on a theatre stage three years ago, while Kani was performing and Mthwalo was an audience member. But it blossomed on the set of Msanzi Magic's TV drama Its Complicated.
The lovebirds celebrate Valentines Day every day.
"We usually spoil each other daily with flowers, love letters, romantic pics that we enlarge, date nights and anything else that makes the other smile, feel special, loved, curly toes and feel like the only person in the world," said Kani.
"She is too adorable. Atandwa loves Fikile with all his heart and soul. After all, I did ask God to 'Fiks' my life and he did... Thank you Lord God."
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: