Celia and Duncan Malete lived to tell the frightening tale.

ONE moment the Malete family in Phake, near Pankop in Mpumalanga, were watching TV – the next there was chaos.

Three members of the family said they were struck by lightning in their house on Saturday.
The shocked family believes the lightning was sent by evil people to kill them!
The luckiest to survive was the youngest, Duncan (18).
He told Daily Sun he survived by biting his cousin Itumeleng Mojela (26) and in that way transferring the lightning’s powerful electrical surge.
According to aunt Celia Malete (38) – who was also struck – she saw a huge light coming through the sitting-room window.
“I had never experienced anything like this in my life. There was a bang and the fire just came straight for me,” she said.
Celia said she used her right hand to block it and the force immediately struck Duncan. He was apparently hurled from the couch he was sitting on.
Celia added: “Then Itumeleng also fell. I saw Duncan on top of her and I thought they had died.
“My right arm was in pain as if it was being burnt from the inside.”
Duncan said he was still shocked by what had happened. He believes that biting Itumeleng was what saved him.
“I felt like I was shrinking and I couldn’t breathe. I needed to clench my teeth into something to hang on to life.”
Celia called out for help from their dark house as the lightning strike had cut off the power supply.
Neighbours rushed over and an ambulance was called. They were treated at hospital and then released.
According to sangoma Boipelo Motsepe, evil people often use lightning to kill people as it is considered to be fast and very harmful.
“They know if a person doesn’t die, at least they will be left with permanent damage,” she said.
Source:- Dailysun
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: