Isibaya actress Jessica Nkosi has been accused of hogging two dresses she borrowed from designer Thokozani "TK" Mbatha for nearly three years now!


According to Mbatha, Nkosi asked to borrow his dresses from the Lloydhotsense collection to wear to the 2013 South African Film and Television Awards (Saftas), but is now ignoring any pleas by the designer to return them. The dresses are worth R3500 each.
The dress that Nkosi wore to the Saftas is a long, grey and black sheer lace couture gown that Mbatha says a lot of labour went into creating. The other is a sexy black studded mesh number that Nkosi allegedly took as a "plan B".
Mbatha says the Nkosi who came asking him for help is a completely different one to the one on our screens right now.
"When I first met Jessica she had just got the Isibaya gig, and was relatively unknown. She came to me to ask to borrow my dresses, and I agreed out of the kindness of my heart. I'm disappointed that she maybe now feels that she has made it in the industry and can take advantage of young designers. She would never have done this with a (David) Tlale dress," he fumed.
Mbatha says he spoke to Nkosi after the awards show about returning the dresses and she agreed, but never did.
"I chose to give her some time, but then weeks and months passed, and then I bumped into her at an event, and she casually said 'oh I still need to give you your dresses'.
"Again, I waited and the dresses never came back. At the beginning of last year I started calling and texting her, and she has now chosen to ignore my calls. To this day, Jessica does not take my calls. It's almost three years bathong!" he lamented.
Sowetan tried numerous times to get hold of Nkosi for comment, to no avail. We were told by Mzansi Magic publicist Thandeka Mqaba that Nkosi does not do interviews on weekends.
Mbatha, however, alerted Sources that Nkosi called him and promised to return the dresses after we called her.
She sent Mbatha the following SMS: "Okay... I'm not sure what this is about. But under no circumstances WHATSOEVER do I ever treat people with disrespect ... So to say I have absolutely no respect for you is absolutely not true ...
"Now if I haven't replied to your calls. I really do apologize. I don't answer numbers I don't know. If my actions said otherwise, my true and sincere apologies ... I absolutely love your work. I'm sorry I kept your dresses for the year. Please let me know if I need to pay a rental fee or something," read parts of the SMS.

Source: Sowetan
Axact

Hello Mzansi

Hellomzansi.com is a South African online blog covering Entertainment news, Celebrity Gossip, Sports, Odd news, politics, business and all the Latest South African News

Loading...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: